Monday, November 30, 2009

Here Comes Santa Claus

Charlotte did indeed have roseola (as many people guessed... thanks for all the help!) After four days of crazy fever, it finally broke and then she woke up the next morning with a rash. I felt super relieved that it wasn't something worse. She was pretty cranky the two days she had the rash and then finally seemed back to her old self. That was Thanksgiving.

So, we had one good day. At least it was a holiday.

Friday morning both girls woke up with runny noses and it's been downhill ever since. It just seems to be colds, no fever or anything like that - but the SNOT - oh lord. It's gross. Poor babies.

Despite the rash then crankiness then boogeriness we've still gone on a few outings. I have been determined to get a picture of the girls with Santa. Last year we got one but just barely - Katie was not a big fan. The Easter Bunny last April was a complete disaster. So I figured I would start laying the groundwork early for this Christmas. I started talking up Santa weeks ago.... how he is a GREAT guy, how much I love love love him. Reading books about Santa, watching shows with Santa, listening to Christmas music, all about our old pal Santa.

Took the girls to Short Hills Mall last week and they loved the display, LOVED the fake snow, did not in any way love Santa. Wouldn't go within three feet of him. Big fat fail.



My mom and I took them to Willowbrook Mall on Sunday and thought we'd try again - this time Katie refused to even look in the direction of Santa. She turned her head the opposite way and said NO! NO SANTA!! A lesser (maybe kinder) Mom would have given up. But I'm insanely stubborn.

Today PJ had the day off and we took the girls to a big Christmas display near our house. At the end they have a really really great Santa. He was very patient, and very kind (and there were no other children there so we had all the time in the world) and we tried and tried. And this was the best we could do....



I'll take it. And now I'm going to start working on how much we love the Easter Bunny.

Speaking of Santa.... don't forget the Toy Drive. There's still time!!! :)

11 comments:

JustaKidAtHeart said...

LOL great pic

Unknown said...

As Winston Churchill once said, "Never, never, never give up!" I enjoy hearing about your girls! I usually have a great laugh! Keep up the good work!

Katie said...

LOL!! Your "cheese" face, Santa squished and so not smiling at all... make it your Christmas card!

pyjammy pam said...

great picture, seriously! i have no expectations of genuine smiles when it comes to santa pics at this age.

Meet the Brummett's said...

This is greatness! I've been telling my mom for the past couple of weeks that I would have to sit on Santa's lap if I wanted the girls to and obviously you were in the same boat. I seriously think this should be your Christmas card pic!

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

Funny! I have a picture of me when I'm about 3 I think and my mom is holding me while standing next to santa. My back is arched about as much as it could be, I;m screaming with my hands over my mouth and my mom is angelically smiling......it's a fun memorey keepsake....your girls will appreciate it one day!

amber said...

OMG, that picture has me in stitches!!

Emily said...

Oh goodness! They look horrified, but in a totally cute way!

Stephanie said...

SO funny! I have to give you determination! And you and your husband look very happy sitting next that cute old santa....love the pic...it made me laugh out loud :) Thanks for sharing!

heeda said...

LOL LOVE the looks on the faces of the girls. They look absolutely terrified.

Liz said...

I think that is a pretty darn good picture! I would be thrilled if I could get one like that! Mine trio scream bloody murder at the sight of the jolly old man!