Monday, March 15, 2010

Sunshine

We had a terrible, TERRIBLE storm here over the weekend. We lost power for most of Saturday night, but many people in the area are still without power, there's awful flooding, and the skies have continued to be gray and rainy.

Yuck.

I took the girls to Target today (where else?) just to get them out for awhile, as we are all going a bit stir crazy. On the ride there (which took twice as long as usual due to closed roads and flooding) we listened to our Yo Gabba Gabba cd. About 12 times.

Jack's song (Bedtime Lullaby) came on and the following conversation ensued....

Katie: Jack's song!
LaLa: Yay, Jack's song! Night night baby Jack!
Katie: No, wake up! Wake up Jack!
Me: Baby Jack isnt really asleep Katie. He's up in heaven, remember? Up in the sky!
LaLa: with the sun!
Me: Right! Jack is up in heaven, with the sun and the moon and the stars. He's up there watching over you.

Both girls stare intently for awhile out the window, up at the dark gray sky.

Finally, Charlotte yells:
"Jump!"

Me: What did you say Lala?
LaLa: Jump, baby Jack! Jump!
Katie: Yes, jump Jack! Jump!

The two of them stared expectantly out the car window for awhile, yelling JUMP! Fully expecting to see Jack come jumping down out of the clouds.

That was my little bit of sunshine today.

DSC01028

14 comments:

Ami said...

And there's that familiar lump in my throat again...That is a very sweet story...those girls will always remember their brother, that's proof!

michele said...

I've followed your blog for quite some time, and I'm not sure if I've ever commented. The conversation you had with your girls is precious. Jack will always be with them, and they will always remember their brother.

elizabeth said...

Beautiful....

Fishing for Fyreflies said...

The flawless logic of a child.... Awesome :)

Rebecca Nixie said...

Out of the mouths of babes!!! What a precious conversation!! Jack will always be watching over you and his sisters!!

Amanda said...

:) I love your girls. And I lov that Jack makes his sisters (and you) smile.

Laura said...

Your girls are so sweet.

AmandaM said...

Your girls are simply amazing.

tylersmama said...

That is the most precious and adorable thing I have ever heard! Hi, I'm Keely, I read your blog but I never comment because I am lazy about signing into google. *sigh* Your girls are ridiculously cute and I know Jack is watching over you guys every single day!

Kimberly said...

Your girls are so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I really liked your review. Nice information! Your content unique and meaningful about it. You doing very well job!.
Toys,Kids,Baby
Regards.

Mae said...

That is so sweet! Jack will always be with you all.

blog_hati said...

Its funny picture. hahahaah. I luv it!!!!!

http://luxury-baby-gifts.com/personalized-baby-clothes

Unknown said...

I stumbled to your blog today, and I guess it was for the reason that I needed to read this post... Thanks for sharing, it's so good to know that it's not only my kids and I that have these conversations in the van...

Very touching. Thank you.