Saturday, December 12, 2009

This Journey

Two years ago, I wrote this. I will never forget that meeting with that doctor about Jack, and I will never forget that moment when I finally realized, finally admitted to myself, that Jack was not going to get better. That Jack was not going to come home, ever.

And here it is, two years later, and we had an amazing amazing day, thanks to Jack. I could never have imagined where Jack would take us, the incredible people he would bring into our lives, the way he would bring our family together, and the kindness and compassion he would help spread.

Today was the Toy Drive Drop Off Day. It was (almost) perfect. Of course, it still was a bittersweet day. It still was a reminder of how much I miss my boy, how much we all miss him. But I am so so blessed to be on this journey right now that is my life, that would not be half as wonderful without Jack having been in it.

Thank you to everyone who came out and joined us, donated toys either in person or through Amazon, and to all the people who helped make the day so special - Tina who so graciously donated her time and talent to take pictures, our wonderful Santa who really made the day SO fun, our family on both sides who helped make it all happen.

I will post more on Jacks blog tomorrow, and some pictures too, but tonight on here, i just wanted to say thank you.

7 comments:

Ami said...

So glad to hear the toy drive was a success...and once again, thanks for keeping things in perspective for us. You are such a great mom!

Gwen Papp said...

I'm so glad to hear that it was a wonderful day. I remember reading that post two years ago, and crying too. Driving home from Christmas shopping later that night, I cried in my car again, imagining losing my sweet baby girls, who were six months old at the time. I think of Jack (and you) often. I can hardly believe it's been two years.

stephanie said...

I've been reading your blog since a few months before the babies were born. I can't believe it's been two years. I reread that post and I'm struck, as I always have been, by how handsome and strong your little man was.

I'm so sorry he's not here but am grateful that you have these wonderful days because he once was.

Happy holidays.

Star said...

I remember the first time I read that entry about Jack. I never thought I would have a similar experience. Similar but not the same I am sure.

Like you, I could not believe I was forced to make that decision or even in the position where I needed to make that position.

It sucks.

But like you, it has brought so many cool people into my life.

Thoughts for you & yours.

Alana said...

Congrats on the Toy Drive!

Thinking of all of you...

Jen said...

You know, I've been reading your blog for a long time, and I knew that just Jack's picture makes me cry, so I knew I really shouldn't have clicked through to your post from 2007, but I did anyway. Little Jack just touches my heart from those pictures in a special way, I don't know what it is...but he has just touched my heart forever, and I'm so amazed by your strength. I'm praying for your journey.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.