Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Hams

All I do is post pictures lately. I have a lot I want to write about, just not the time. Plus my husband has been off from work for five days, and he's a laptop hog.... I will get to it, soon.

In the meantime, I literally took 100 pictures on Easter, from the girls getting their baskets to them sleeping in their Easter coats on the way home from Grandmas..... I couldn't stop, they were just SO CUTE. It was a nice Easter, but I can't wait until the girls are old enough to really 'get' holidays. It's going to be so much fun.

Someone wrote they can never tell who's who in the pictures, so here's a little helpful guide to which baby is which. We'll use this photo:



1. Katie is the bigger of the babies (though I'll admit, it's hard to tell in this photo).

2. Katie has a small birthmark on the top of her forehead that looks kind of like a bruise. It's doesn't usually show up in photos though. Sorry.

3. Katie is on the left. For some reason I always put her on the left, it's not even intentional, it just happens.

4. If one baby looks angry, odds are, it's Charlotte. See how she looks like she's telling me off?

5. And finally, if all else fails, if someone is in pink (and odds are, someone IS in pink...), it's Charlotte. When I was pregnant and trying to register for things, picking out bedding, that kind of thing, Charlotte was pink, Jack was blue and Katie was.... anything else. And it kind of stuck. So if a baby is in purple, green, raspberry, it's probably Katie. If they're in pink, it's Charlotte. I know I'm guaranteeing Charlotte will grow up to LOATHE the color pink, but I can't help it. My weird OCD quirks have decided Charlotte is pink, and that's the way it is. Sometimes my mom puts Katie in pink and Charlotte in purple just to mess with me and it makes me nuts.

Hope your keester had a Happy Easter!!

19 comments:

Triplets and a Surprise said...

We color code everything! Cups, spoons, forks, bowls, clothes. I think all mother's of multiples have some sort of OCD. You have too! HaHa!

Millicent said...

I color code and I don't have multiples. But I do have 5 kids. It is the only way to be organized. I would totally do what your Mom did to you though. My cheeky side wouldn't allow me not to. Love the picture's, the girls just get cuter with every photo you post!

Anonymous said...

Megan, your girls are just too cute for words. I want to put them in my pocket and carry them around with me!!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! :) So glad that you all had a nice Easter weekend!!
- Kristin

Patyrish said...

Love the pictures! Love your color coding too! LOL

Plus 3 said...

Your girls look beautiful!

I color code also and assign seats...in their highchairs, van, stroller, etc. It always bothered my mom that my son rode closer to me in the snap-and-go EVERY time! She would switch it up on me when she got the chance, and boy did it mess me up all day!

Anonymous said...

Gosh they just keep getting cuter and cuter! :)
--A Mom in Jacksonville, FL

Tiff Blakey said...

I always used to put Dakota on the left for pix. For what it's worth, I know you wonder if your girls truly are identical. I used to wonder the same thing about mine. Sometimes they look so different to me. But other people would always say "they're identical, aren't they". So I just wanted to let you know, from one mother of identicals to another, that while Charlotte and Katie may look completely different to you, they look identical to me. I look back at my girls baby pix now and think "Gosh, they did look the same!"

so tired said...

Sooooo cute! If they were mine, I think I'd have trouble not eating them.........

Harris Boys said...

I have OCD too...Andrew is always on the left in picturs and if Red is an option for clothes Andrew is in red...crazy things we do, but hey they work!!!

great Easter pics, the girls look wonderful in their easter dresses!

My name is Tammie said...

Ohhhh so so pretty! So pretty!

Anonymous said...

So adorable! Love their little Easter coats!

Yes, Noah and Zach are "color coded," too!

Anonymous said...

the sweetest pictures! Glad to hear you had a blessed Easter.

Unknown said...

SOOO Cute megan! I love the run down of which baby is which. I love how Charlotte is always voicing her opinion.. imagine the political debates with her..LOL
Glad you had a great easter!

so tired said...

Do you know "Jason Dittle"????? Is that some sort of spam comment???

Jessica said...

Had to comment on the color coding. Totally did it with my 3. It does make life easier, and today at the age of 2 my trio knows what their color is.
I love the girls dresses, so precious.

Eat, Drink and be Married said...

ZOMG so cute!!!! Charlotte is going to be a HANDFUL when she starts talking! LOL

Glad to hear you had a good Easter!

Anonymous said...

Wow the girls are really starting to look like they are identical. I'm glad you had a nice Easter. Take Care.

Stacy said...

Your girls are beautiful.